I love fall. The weather just started to change and the tree in my front yard is already red, yellow, and orange! I also love fall accessories. Tights, sweaters, hats, and scarves are some of my favorites.
I saw this ModCloth shoe on their website and just loved it! In fact, I have a pair similar and realized that what I loved was the darling ties. They remind me of Samantha Walker's Decadence line. So I thought, why not create cute bows to accessorize this fall?
To create my own "no-sew removable shoelaces" I cut a one inch piece of fabric from a fat quarter. I then folded the ends in and ironed them down. I then glued the ends down using Helmar's 450 Quick Dry adhesive. Twist the ends together and use a piece of the fabric and glue it to the end while twisting it around. If you are having a hard time with the ends, just use clear tape to roll the ends like I did. Hey, it looks great!
Just clip them on to your shoes with a safety pin so that they will be easy to remove at the end of the season.
Another way to create bows for either your shoes or hair is to print this bow tie pattern, which was inspired by Craft Warehouse.
1. Pre-wash your fabric.
2. Use Helmar's Fabric Stiffener and pour some into a bowl along with a little water and mix it together. Dip your fabric into the bowl and saturate the fabric. Wring out and smooth the wrinkles.
3. Hang to dry (outside or in an empty bathtub).
4. When dry lay it down on your table with wrong sides together. Trace the pattern on the fabric. Cut out. Glue wrong sides together.
5. Bring ends of bow together. Glue with Helmar's 450 Quick Dry to hold.
6. Use the small piece of the pattern to fold over the top and glue the ends to the back of the bow.
7. Then, use a metal clip, bobby pin, or metal clip of your choice to glue to the back of the bow.
I love the way these turned out! Can you imagine the possibilities?! You can make a fabric bow to go on top of a gift and it will make a great decoration as well as an accessory! This would make a great little boy's bow tie too!
To enter to win this Samantha Walker fabric bundle, just leave a comment on my blog between 12:01am September 12th and 11:59 pm September 16th, 2012. Winner will be announced on Samantha's Facebook page on Monday, September 17th.
For additional entries to win:
1. Receive an additional entry for commenting on each of the other blogs in the blog hop.
2. Go here and follow Samantha Walker's blog.
3. Follow her on Facebook.
4. Sign up for an e-mail subscription to Samantha's blog and you will automatically receive a link the free SVG cutting file below that you can download and use on your personal electronic cutter. Link will be e-mailed early next week.
Create Well: Accessorize with fabric!